A timeless classic pasta dish as easy as 1, 2, 3. This ultra yummy and satisfying baked ziti is made with the simplest ingredients, no frills, and can be prepped ahead of time and heated before serving. I don't think it gets any better than that. Oh wait, cheeeeeese.
- 1 container whole milk ricotta
- 1 box pasta
- 1 24oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- Bring a large stock pot of water to boil. Once the water boils, add salt and stir in your pasta of choice (we prefer rigatoni!)
- Cook the pasta 2 minutes less than the directions suggests, drain and set aside.
- Take an oven-safe baking dish and pour a few drops of marinara at the bottom. Pour in the pasta and mix the pasta in with the marinara.
- Add more marinara, spices, salt, pepper, and a few dollops of the ricotta cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon, making sure to coat all of the pasta. Pour in a little more sauce and ricotta as desired.
- Top the pasta with a layer of mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the pasta is finished baking, turn the oven to broil and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and the pasta is slightly crispy on the sides.