Bakery Style Lemon Blueberry Muffins
These bakery-style lemon blueberry muffins will be your go to recipe everytime! A perfect balance of citrus and berry, in every single bite.
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup cane sugar (200g)
- 1/2 cup whole milk (4 floz)
- 1/2 cup avocado or olive oil (4 fl)
- 2 cups all purpose flour (256g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, milk, and oil with a hand whisk. Whisk until the oil is incorporated. Pour in the zest and lemon juice and whisk again until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift (or using a silicone spatula, mix) together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and pinch of salt.
- To the wet ingredients, pour in the dry and whisk until the flour JUST comes together with the wet ingredients. Try not to over mix. The batter will get thick and may be a little lumpy.
- Let the batter sit for 20 minutes on the counter. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375º and line a muffin tray, pre-grease the muffin liners.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop some batter evenly across the muffin tin. The batter should go 3/4 of the way up in each well.
- Bake for 22º and let cool for 15 minutes afterwards. You can take them out of the liner and let them fully cool on a wire rack.