Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Want the best cookie recipe? Look no further! My browned butter chocolate chip cookies are the most delicious cookies ever. Perfectly chewy, soft, and filled with melted chocolate. Oh, and dreamy nutty browned butter. Make these cookies, thank me later.
- 256g all purpose flour (this is ~2 cups)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 50g cane sugar
- 250g brown sugar (I used light brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 8oz butter, browned and cooled
- 1 cup chocolate chips (approx 140g)
- Start by making the browned butter (see above for details). Set in the fridge to cool for up to 90 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the flour and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Once the browned butter is finished cooling, take out of the fridge and set aside. In a medium bowl, add the sugars and browned butter and whisk until the sugar and butter combines and forms a thick moussé-like texture.
- Add the eggs and whisk to incorporate. Fold the butter into the dry ingredients until it forms a dough.
- Add in the cup of chocolate chips and fold together. Take an ice cream scoop and form cookie dough balls; place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with cling wrap and set in the fridge for 2 hours.
- A few minutes before the 2 hours are finished, preheat the oven to 350º and line another sheet pan with parchment paper. Take out the cookies when the oven temp reaches 275º and place several cookie dough balls on the pan, leaving enough room between each (I was able to fit 8 on a large pan, 6 on a smaller one).
- Bake the cookies for 11 minutes and let sit for 30 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Repeat until there is no more raw cookie dough and cookies have been baked.