When brown butter and a classic chocolate candy such as M&Ms collide, they make the most incredibly delicious cookies. These brown butter M&M cookies are butty, buttery, and soft leaving you with a party in your mouth, a grin on your face, and your entire body in a major moment of euphoria. You're welcome.
- Add butter to a light-bottomed medium pan and turn flame on to a medium heat. It will begin to sputter and foam. This is a good thing!
- Continue to stir the butter and keep on a medium heat, ensuring the solids do not burn at the bottom.
- The aromas from the browned butter should be intense with nutty and buttery notes.
- Let the butter brown; keeping an eye on the butter for 5-7 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Scrape the browned bits and the browned butter into a bowl and set in the fridge for 1 hour or until the browned butter is cooled and becomes solid again.
- Cream browned butter and sugars together with a hand mixer.
- Add in eggs one at a time and mix. Next, pour in the vanilla extract and continue to mix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Add in flour and baking soda half at a time and mix until all dough is mixed.
- Add M&Ms into the dough and fold. Using an ice cream scoop, make medium sized cookie dough balls and set on the baking sheet, leaving room in between.
- Set in the fridge covered with cling wrap for 60 minutes.
- Approximately 20 minutes before the timer finishes, preheat the oven to 350º. After the temperature begins to rise, take the cookies out, remove the cling wrap and bake 350° for 10-11 minutes until golden brown on sides and soft to the touch of a fingertip.
- Let cool for 20m then transfer to a cooling rack.
Small Cookie Scoop: 40 cookies
Large Cookie Scoop: 15-20 cookies