Cheesy Pesto Tortellini Bake
When pesto is part of a recipe, you know it's gotta be good. This delectable cheesy pesto tortellini bake will make your tastebuds dance, ding, rejoice, and crave more. I mean, what's not to love: pasta, cheese, and pesto! This is a win for sure.
- 1 pkg frozen tortellini
- Homemade Pesto sauce
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Start by bringing a pot of water to a boil and cook the frozen tortellini as the package says, or at least one minute less to prevent overcooking while it bakes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375º and grab an oven-safe dish.
- Once the tortellini is done cooking, drain the pasta and set aside.
- If you are using pre-made pesto: Take two scoops of the jarred pesto and layer into the bottom of an oven-safe baking dish.
- If you are making the pesto: take 2 cups basil leaves, 1/3 cup parmesan, 3 minced garlic cloves, and 1/4 cup olive oil and add to a food processor. Blend until completely smooth. You may need to add more parmesan and/or oil depending upon the consistency.
- Assembly: Pour the drained tortellini into a baking dish. Spread around the pesto and coat the pasta. Layer the mozzarella cheese to cover the pasta. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the oven to broil for an additional 3 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.