Italian Baked Turkey Meatballs
Let's get back to the classics with these Italian baked turkey meatballs. These meatballs are elegant, juicy, and insanely flavorful, plus made with turkey meat! You won't even need sauce with this recipe, trust me, these meatballs are that good.
- 1.25 lb combination ground turkey (.75 white meat, .75 dark, preferred)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Onion salt
- Preheat the oven to 375º and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the ground turkey meat, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and seasonings.
- Using your fingers, rake the ingredients together until the egg and seasonings are full incorporated. Let the meat mixture sit for 5 minutes to rest.
- Form the meatballs by scooping 2-3 tbsp of the meat mixture and rolling into a ball with your hands. Place on the baking sheet and repeat until all the meat has been used.
- Place the meatballs in the oven and bake for 28 minutes. Serve with rice, orzo, potatoes, or simple roasted vegetables.