Lemon will always be a favorite citrus to bake and cook with. The acidity gives a bright, vibrant flavor, and this lemon loaf is absolutely necessary to make. Deliciously fluffy and moist, you'll have to fight the urge to eat the entire thing in one sitting.
- 2 small ripe bananas
- ½ cup milk (4fl oz)
- ½ cup sugar (100g)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Zest of lemon
- 2 tbsp and 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 216g pastry flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350º and line a loaf pan with parchment.
- To a large mixing bowl, add in the banana, milk, sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice and whisk until combined. Set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and just a pinch of salt.
- Taking the dry ingredients, alternate pouring the flour into the wet mixture and whisking together, in order to prevent over-mixing the batter (which will cause a gummy texture).
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake at 350° for 60m.
- Take out and place on a counter to let cool for 15 minutes, take out and let finish cooling on a rack for 20 minutes.