Lemon Poppyseed Buttermilk Pancakes
Stacks on stacks on stacks. Pancakes, but make them lemon poppyseed...oh and buttermilk. This trifecta of lemon, poppyseed, and buttermilk makes the fluffiest pancakes of your brunch dreams. All you need is a cocktail and some good throwback music. Cheers!
- 164g pastry flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp poppyseed
- Zest of lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, olive oil, sugar, and lemon juice.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder.
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients and whisk until just incorporated. Pour in the poppyseed and whisk to combine; llet sit for 3 minutes
- Melt 2 tbsp butter (Or use cooking spray) in a large pan.
- Ladle a scoop of batter onto a skillet. Cook until the outside of the pancake gets brown, flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Serve as desired. Yields eight 4” pancakes.