This recipe for the classic Tiramisu will make you feel as if you were in Italy! Creamy mascarpone, coffee-soaked ladyfingers, with the perfect amount of coffee liquor, you won't stop at just one serving.
- 8 fl oz heavy cream 1 cup
- 4 large egg yolks room temperature
- 100 g sugar divided
- 8 oz mascarpone
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 12 fl oz cold coffee or espresso ( 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 1/2 tbsp frangelico
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 pkg lady fingers
- Spread a dusting of the cocoa/espresso powder to the bottom of an 8×8” pan.
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer, whisk together 1/4 of the sugar and egg yolks together until the mixture forms a pale yellow, becomes thick, and leaves thick runny ribbons when the whisk is lifted.
- In a separate bowl. add in the heavy cream, rest of the sugar and whisk together until the mixture double in volume and form stiff peaks when lifted from the whisks.
- To the whipped cream, add in the mascarpone cream and vanilla extract: whisk until combined.
- Lastly, fold the egg yolk/sugar mixture until combined and become spreadable. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, pour together the coffee and frangelico.
- Quickly, dip each ladyfinger into the liquid mixture and place the rounded side up into the baking pan. Repeat until the area is filled with ladyfingers.
- Take a scoop or two of the mascarpone mixture and layer into the ladyfingers and smooth out using an offset spatula. Repeat with more dipped ladyfingers and mascarpone cheese.
- Finish off with the remainder of mascarpone, smoothing out the top with the spatula. Add an even dusting of the powder mixture, cover and let sit for 24 hours in the fridge before serving.