Orange Chai Muffins
Welcome in the crisp weather by making these ultra flavorful orange chai muffins, perfect for warming up in the fall breeze. Made with an almond and coconut flour blend, these orange chai muffins include fresh squeezed orange juice and zest and classic fall spices, leaving you feel all the basic fall feels.
- 250g paleo flour
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Clove
- 1 tbsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 150g sugar
- 6oz butter, room temp
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Zest of orange
- 1 tbsp squeezed orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes.
- Crack in the egg and whisk to combine.
- With the mixer on, add in the half and half in an even stream and continue to mix until it’s fully combined and turn off the mixer.
- Last, add in the orange juice and zest. Whisk to combine.
- Discard the dirty mixer attachment and the electric mixer. To the dry ingredients, pour in the wet and mix with a hand whisk. Only whisk until the batter comes together and then stop. The batter should be thick but appear and feel airy.
- Spray a muffin tin and cooking spray, and using a scoop, scoop some batter into the tin evenly. Bake 375° for 25m, you can test with a toothpick: insert into four of the muffins and if it comes out clean or with minimal crumbs, the muffins are fully baked.
- LET COOL 35 MINUTES before serving or plating.