Pasta Primavera Garlic and Oil
Vegetable-packed pasta primavera with a garlic and oil sauce is a timeless choice at any Italian restaurant. Make this version and you'll think you're dining out. Veggies and pasta, the new Batman and Robin? think so!
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped brussel sprouts
- 1 large carrot diagonally sliced, thin
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 lb pasta preferred choice
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Prep a pot of water and bring to a boil. Boil the pasta of choice according to package instructions and drain. Set aside
- In a large frying pan, heat oil and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in the carrots, brussel sprouts, broccoli, and begin to let the vegetables sweat. Cover for 5-7 minutes.
- Once the vegetables begin to soften, add in the spinach and cover again. Add in a little more oil or even water to deglaze the pan and let the vegetables steam/simmer.
- After another 7-8 minutes of cooking, uncover the pot and add a little salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Pour the vegetables over the pasta and stir to combine. Serve warm.