With this pumpkin waffle recipe you get the best of both worlds (cue Hannah Montana song). Deliciously crisp waffles made with pumpkin puree and a touch of pumpkin pie spice, you'll be smitten while devouring a large stack of these homemade waffles. All you need is a large cup of coffee and a pumpkin patch.
- 170g pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Start by whisking together the dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, add in the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk until the batter is incorporated and then stop! Do not overmix.
- Let the batter sit 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat a waffle iron and coat with non-stick spray. Ladle some of the batter into the iron and close. Let cook until desired crispness and repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Top with maple syrup, whipped cream, or powdered sugar.