Rigatoni with Sausage and Broccoli
Pasta makes everything better. Add in some ground Italian sausage, broccoli, in a garlic and oil sauce, and it's the best tasting pasta dish you'll make by far. What's better than garlic, oil, and carbs?
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cups chicken stock or veggie stock
- Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Rinse and chop broccoli into small florets and set aside.
- If you have sausage links, use a knife to pierce the sausage and take the ground meat out of the casing.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil to a deep frying pan or Dutch oven and begin to brown the ground sausage, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the sausage. To the pan or Dutch oven, add in the garlic, broccoli, and a little bit of the stock (or water). Cover to let steam and cook for 5-7m.
- Add back in the ground sausage and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cover and let cook 5 minutes so that the broccoli begins to soften. Add in more of the stock and gauge the tenderness of the broccoli.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and stir.
- To the pan, add the drained pasta (leaving a little bit of pasta water for the sausage and broccoli). Stir on low for 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.